1.11.2009

Forgiveness & Friendship


2009! Can you believe that The Oughts are almost to a close? It seemed like such a monumental time period. 

I have come to the realization that (for me) 2009 will be the year of forgiveness. Recently, I reconnected with an old friend from my childhood that had hurt me very badly in the past. But she's changed a lot now and it's so nice to see that we can still have the closeness that we once had. 

I'm an extremely forgiving person, BUT I don't forgive those who do not ask for forgiveness. Or at least, those who do not attempt a forgive-me attitude. 

So, my father  is asking me to forgive him for things he has done in his past that I've been upset with him for. We had a really good conversation about it the other night and it seems like he's been working on his problems for a long time now. I'm extremely excited for all of these frozen relationships to defrost and bloom again.

I would also like for this year to consist of blossoming friendships. I have some friends that I keep up with on a regular basis, but I would like to make them more everlasting friendships, rather than just passing connections in my life.

In my opinion, relationships are the most important things in our lives and we need to nurture them and cultivate them to a healthy bloom. 
Jeez, so many flower references you'd think I was a gardener. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! The difficulty with forgiving someone is so hard, but there seems to be peace. I really enjoy your insight on this. I’d love to read more on this topic.

    I recently stumbled upon another blog like I stumbled upon yours and I really appreciated their insight. I thought you might enjoy it: http://burisonthecouch.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/forgiveness/

    Thanks for the post!

    -becky

    ReplyDelete